1. Simplify things by choosing one room at a time to work with.
2. Keeping your rugs minimized to one or two stylish rugs can help keep the floor from looking too busy or haphazard.
3. Ottomans are fantastic for storing items, such as books, where they are easily accessible yet out of sight.
4. Get those cables in line with appropriate use of zip ties, cable organizers, and a good hiding spot, such as the back part of the underside of a desk.
5. Ladies, we all know how proud your hubby is for his 64 inch wide screen with satellite service, Blu-Ray DVD player, surround sound, and holographic projection (okay, maybe he’s still waiting on that one). However, having all of those remotes on the table, couch, and/or wherever you hid them on that last romantic night can be a bit chaotic.
6. Shower hooks are far more space efficient for hanging purses, and other various items.
7. Speaking of clothes hangers, see if you can whittle down the number in your closet to 30 or less. Fold what you can and hide them away in drawers.
8. A home has a way of accruing about a billion small items that you just can’t bring yourself to toss. With small boxes and some labels, you can keep them from cluttering your house, while still having them within easy access.
9. Fold your sheets and place them into their matching pillow cases. This is a genius way to keep bedding organized, and easy to work with.
10. It’s amazing how many books and magazines people can store that they either don’t read, or have read a billion times and could recite by heart. If you don’t actually need them, donate or sell them off to help create some extra breathing room.
11. Each time you clean the house, throw away at least five non-essential items.
12. The underside of desks have a lot of space for carefully organized items that can be stored away.
13. Making the bed is not only an obvious way to improve the look and feel of your room, but it helps any clutter look more out of place so you want to clean it as well.
14. When packing your things, label some boxes as give away and trash.
15. Here’s a trick that Oprah helped popularize. Have all hangers start out facing one direction.
16. Simply dealing with mail immediately (especially trashing the junk mail) prevents a headache later when it’s time to handle bills. Plus, it makes the mail area look much nicer.
17. A simple way to keep your life decluttered is to donate or sell a clothing item, when you buy a new one. Besides, this can help you keep up with current fashion trends.
18. Since we all know that cleaning the surfaces of the house is such an important part of preparing it for showing, get yourself a versatile bucket caddy for making the job so much easier.
Ali Palacios, ABR, MCNE, TAHS
Today's Home Realty
Mobile - 832-418-0670
9119 Hwy 6 S #230-116, Missouri City, TX 77459